Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you'll need!
4 Watermelon Summer Hacks
1. Cut your watermelon in half.
2. Cut the watermelon half into a grid.
Watermelon Gelatin Wedge
170 grams flavored gelatin
63 grams unflavored gelatine (7 packets)
3 cups hot water
2 cups vodka (optional)
1. Cut a watermelon in half, down the longer end.
2. Empty out and enjoy the watermelon. Keep the watermelon rind intact.
3. In a large bowl, mix together 170 grams of flavored gelatin and 63 grams of unflavored gelatin.
4. Carefully add 3 cups of hot water to the gelatin and whisk together.
5. Add 2 cups of vodka or substitute with 2 cups of water for a nonalcoholic version.
6. Place your watermelon rind in a baking pan. This will help hold the watermelon upright as the jello chills.
7. Carefully pour the gelatin mixture into your watermelon rind.
8. Cover in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
9. Cut the watermelon half into wedges and serve.
Watermelon keg tap
4 cups ice
2 cups vodka (optional)
Lime juice from one lime
1. Carefully cut off about half an inch from the bottom of the longer end of your watermelon. You should only be able to see the whites of the watermelon, between the outer green part and the inner red part. This will help hold the watermelon keg upright and will act as the base of the watermelon keg.
2. On the other end of the watermelon, carefully cut off an inch at the top. This cut should expose the reds of the watermelon and will act as the mouth of your keg.
3. From the mouth of your watermelon, carefully scoop out and set aside the insides of your watermelon.
4. To extract the juice from your watermelon, use a blender or a hand mixer to blend the insides of your watermelon until smooth, then set aside.
5. At the bottom of your watermelon, carefully use an apple corer to make a hole for your keg tap. The hole should be about 2 inches from the base of your watermelon.
6. Place your keg tap in the hole and secure in place with the pack piece of your keg tap.
7. Fill your watermelon with 4 cups ice, lime juice from one lime, and 2 cups vodka. The vodka can be replaced with more watermelon juice as an alternative.
8. Place a mesh strainer over the mouth of your watermelon and carefully pour in the watermelon juice.
9. Mix together and serve.
Small alphabet cookie cutters
1. Cut your melons into wedges. The wedges should be the same thickness as your cookie cutters. You can mix and match your melon wedges to create a variety. We used watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew.
2. Use your cookie cutters to cut out your melon letters.
3. Thread your melon letters through your skewers. Use blueberries as spacers if needed.
4. Serve as is or in a drink.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeednifty
Hollow to Whole
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.